Real Life Newport Communication
Greetings Real Life Family,
It has been ten weeks since we last worshipped together at Newport High School. It is amazing to think about how much has changed while we did nothing except stay in our homes. It reminds me of a poem of paradox’s written by the Puritans: “Let me find thy light in my darkness, thy life in my death, thy joy in my sorrow, thy grace in my sin, thy riches in my poverty, thy glory in my valley.” Jesus also revealed a paradox when he said, “For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.” (Matthew 16:25) Life is confusing, and we often do not know the right path to take or the right battle to fight. I believe God is making this time into a divine paradox. This hardship will end with His glory.
We finally have a plan in place to begin live worship services again!!!
Weekly services will begin on May 31st at 5:00 p.m. at the House of the Lord church building. Services will continue on Sundays at House of the Lord until further notice. We are taking numerous precautions to ensure the health and safety of our congregation, including:
• We will practice social distancing in our seating
• Everyone will wear a name tag—Blue name tags = hug me! Red name tags = don’t hug me
• Masks will be optional.
• There will be no snacks or coffee. If you need coffee bring your own (with a lid).
• There will be no communion and no passing of the offering plate. There will be an offering box for giving.
• There will be no children’s ministry or nursery. A cry room is available for parents of small children. Activity packets will be available for children.
• Use common sense. If you feel sick or have a fever, stay at home.
A detailed plan for safety and procedures as we re-open can be found at www.reallifenewport.com.
Online worship will continue at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday for those who wish to continue worship from home. We will provide the same sermon online that will be preached at the live worship service.
God bless and I look forward to seeing you all again.